Pages

Tuesday 21 December 2021

Summer Learning Journey l Poetry Slam - 2




This Week I completed week 2 task 1 of the Summer Learning Journey. I decided to do both of the task for today. I did the Kick Start and the Step It Up Challenge of the Poetry Slam task for today.

This poetry slam was a bit different from the previous one because we were making a poet using kennings. Kennigns describe what a person,idea, or object is or does. Each line has a simple phrase either a nount + a noun or a noun + a verb. They work like riddles you have to try and figure out what the poet is talking about or what it is descibing.

The Kick Start challenges asked the partipants to write a poet using kennigns to describe a animal that reminds you of summer. I chose my cat Tigress because he loves to sit in the sun and just relaxe and loves to sleep in the summer just like me and my cousins.

The Step It Up challenge was to make a another poem but we had to write it about summer. We first looked at a poem but written about winter but we were writing ours about summer. I had fun doing this task because I reminded me how fun summer is.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Afita
    Summer is fun. You have taught me something. I wasn't aware of the term kennigns. Good to see you involved in the SLJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Afatia,

    Great work completing both the step up and kick start activities, you have crafted some beautiful poems.

    Have you written poetry before? Do you enjoy it?

    Perhaps now you could record yourself reading the poems and post the videos on your blog. Hearing poems read aloud by the author is always special and adds another level of creativity to the work.

    Keep up the excellent and creative mahi.

    Ngā mihi,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ki Ora Lauren,

      Thank you for commenting on my blog. I have only written poems a few time but not as often, and yes i forgot to put the video of me reading my poem but i will change that.

      Have fun and enjoy your holiday!

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Afatia,

      Thats super cool to hear you have written a few poems, its a fun and creative way of writing.

      Can't wait to maybe see your video!

      Ngā mihi,
      Lauren

      Delete
  3. Nice job Afatia

    Nice job working on the second poetry slam today. Love your mahi! I'm also looking forward to seeing the video, how did you get on with that?

    Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Matt,

      Thank you for commenting on my blog. I did create the video but i forgot to put the video on my blog with the rest of them. I just changed that now and the video it their to look at.

      Have fun and enjoy your weekend !

      Delete