Pages

Sunday 19 December 2021

Summer Learning Journey l Vector Art

Today i have completed week 1 task 5 for the summer learning journey. This task was about creating vector art. I decided to do the step it up challege so I can challeneg myself more. This task required me to draw my hero ( someone who inspries me ) and to use one of their quotes to create a DLO.

The person I chose was Nelson Madela. Nelson Madela was presented the noble peace award in 1993 for peacefully destorying the araptheid against others and he was fight for equality for all those different colors.

To create a really good piece of vector art start with the basic and easy shapes of what you are trying to recreate and then try to draw as much detail as you can to make it look realistic as possible.

I enjoyed this task because I got to show others who inspire me and why they inspire me.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! WOW! WOW!

    This is awesome Afatia, what an outstanding piece of Vector Art. Nelson Mandela is a great hero, and that is a great quote of his also!

    Thanks for the great tips as well. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you for commenting on my blog, I also think that Nelson Mandela is a great hero because of what he did during his time and thank you for saying my art is really good.

      Have fun and enjoy your holiday !

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Afatia!

    My name is Charlotte and I am from the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey team!

    Wow, what a FANTASTIC artwork you’ve created here!! It looks so very realistic! I like how you’ve made his cheekbones lighter, and got the frown lines spot on! Amazing detail, Afatia! This cannot be the first time you’ve created a vector artwork?!

    I also like the quote you have selected. Nelson Mandela was a very influential and important person. Are you learning about him at school?

    Awesome mahi here, Afatia! I’m looking forward to seeing more of your blog posts throughout this raumati for SLJ!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ki Ora Charlotte, thank you for commenting on my blog and no it's not the first time i have done drawings digitally. Nelson Mandela was indeed a influential and important person because he was trying to make the world a better place for the future.

      Have fun and enjoy your holiday !

      Delete
    2. Mōrena Afatia!

      Ah well that explains why it is so good! You are experienced in digital art, ka pai!

      Nelson Mandela fought for what he believed in, and he never gave up- even when he was sent to prison! He was a very influential person indeed.

      Ngā mihi nui,
      Charlotte :)

      Delete